IEC 60195:2016 specifies a method of measurement and associated test conditions to assess the "noisiness", or magnitude of current noise, generated in fixed resistors of any given type. The method applies to all classes of fixed resistors. The aim is to provide comparable results for the determination of the suitability of resistors for use in electronic circuits having critical noise requirements. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- harmonization of the allocation of isolation resistors RM in the recommended operating conditions given in Table 2;
- correction of erroneous numeric values of the contribution of system noise, f(T - S) in Table 3;
- addition of advice on the prescription of requirements in a relevant component specification;
- addition of a set of recommended measuring conditions for specimens with a rated dissipation of less than 100 mW;
- complete editorial revision.