IEC 60728-10:2014 specifies the transparent return path of cable networks operated in the frequency range between 5 MHz and 85 MHz or parts thereof. The upper frequency limit of the return path is reduced to 65 MHz where FM radio signals are transmitted in a cable network. Higher frequencies may be used in fibre based networks. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2005 and constitutes a technical revision. It includes the following changes:
- update on the state-of-the-art of return path transmission in cable networks;
- provisions for DOCSIS 3.0 and EuroDOCSIS 3.0 transmission standards;
- revision of subclause 4.3 on measurement of channel level;
- new subclause 4.12 for method of measurement of noise power ratio (NPR) on return paths;
- new subclause 4.13 for 10-tone measurements;
- new subclause 4.14 for method of measurement of modulation error ratio (MER);
- revision of subclause 5.2 on analogue parameters influencing system performance.