IEC 61010-2-012:2016 specifies safety requirements for electrical equipment and their accessories within the categories a) through c), wherever they are intended to be used, whenever that equipment incorporates one or more of the following characteristics:
- A REFRIGERATING SYSTEM that is acted on or impacted by an integral heating function such that the combined heating and cooling system generates additional and/or more severe HAZARDS than those for the two systems if treated separately.
- The materials being treated in the intended application introduce significant heat into the REFRIGERATING SYSTEM that the cooling system in the application yield additional and/or more severe HAZARDS than those for the cooling system if operated at the maximum RATED ambient alone.
- An irradiation function for the materials being treated presenting additional HAZARDS.
- A function to expose the materials being treated to excessive humidity, carbon dioxide, salt mist, or other substances which may result in additional HAZARDS.
- A function of MECHANICAL MOVEMENT presenting additional HAZARDS.
- Provision for an OPERATOR to walk-in to the operating area to load or unload the materials being treated.
It has the status of a group safety publication in accordance with IEC Guide 104.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 61010-1:2010