IEC 62288:2014 specifies the general requirements, methods of testing, and required test results for the presentation of navigation-related information on shipborne navigational displays in support of IMO resolutions MSC.191(79) and MSC.302(87). This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- References to IBS have been removed as IMO has revoked MSC.64(67) Annex 1:1996, Performance standards for integrated bridge systems (IBS).
- Subclause 4.9 (Alerts and indicators) has been revised to align the requirements with the IMO resolutions MSC.252(83), MSC.302(87) and A.1021(26) published since MSC.191(79), together with a new Annex F for alert related icons.
- Clause 5 (Presentation of operational information) has been revised with a new requirement added for merging AIS targets from multiple sources.
- Test methods have been reviewed and further guidance on testing added to Annex D. A new normative Annex G has been added for testing of colours, intensity and flicker.
- Annex A (Presentation of colours and symbols) has been revised with AIS AtoN symbols, AIS-SART symbol and wheel over position symbol redefined, and new symbols added for AIS SAR aircraft, AIS SAR vessel, MSI and AIS application specific messages.