IEC TS 61439-7:2014-02(en-fr) defines the specific requirements of ASSEMBLIES as follows:
- ASSEMBLIES for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V in case of a.c. or 1 500 V in case of d.c;
- stationary or movable ASSEMBLIES with enclosure;
- ASSEMBLIES intended for use in connection with the generation, transmission, distribution and conversion of electric energy, and for the control of electric energy consuming equipment;
- ASSEMBLIES operated by ordinary persons;
- ASSEMBLIES intended to be installed and used in marinas, camping sites, market squares and other similar external public sites or similar sites;
- ASSEMBLIES intended for charging stations for electric vehicles.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 61439-1:2011