IEC 60695-5-1:2002 Provides guidance on the following:
a) general aspects of corrosion damage test methods;
b) methods of measurement of corrosion damage;
c) consideration of test methods;
d) relevance of corrosion damage data to hazard assessment.
The structure of this second edition remains essentially the same as the first edition with the following additions:
- Information on fire scenarios and fire models has been added along with an update on the latest advances in the analysis of the fire effluent.
- The general classification of fires from ISO TR 9122-1 has been added.
- A new clause on the general aspects of the corrosivity of fire effluent which describes the types of corrosion damage effects and the factors affecting corrosivity.
- A new clause on the principles of corrosion damage measurement has been added describing the assessment of the corrosive potential and the consideration of the corrosivity test methods.
- A new table describing a summary of corrosion test methods.
- A new flowchart detailing the evaluation and consideration of corrosion damage test methods.
- The bibliography has been expanded.
It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 104.