IEC 61400-25-4:2016 RLV contains the International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is available in English only. The Redline version provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between this standard and its previous edition. The Redline version is not an official IEC Standard, only the current version of the standard is to be considered the official document.
IEC 61400-25-4:2016 specifies the specific mappings to protocol stacks encoding the messages required for the information exchange between a client and a remote server for: data access and retrieval, device control, event reporting and logging, publisher/subscriber, self-description of devices (device data dictionary), data typing and discovery of data types. The mappings specified in this part of IEC 61400-25 comprise:
- a mapping to SOAP-based web services,
- a mapping to OPC/XML-DA,
- a mapping to IEC 61850-8-1 MMS,
- a mapping to IEC 60870-5-104,
- a mapping to DNP3.
The main technical changes with regard to the previous edition are as follows:
- general harmonization with information models in IEC 61400-25-2 and information exchange services in IEC 61400-25-3;
- reduction of overlap between standards and simplification by increased referencing.