IEC 61439-2:2011 defines the specific requirements of power switchgear and controlgear assemblies (PSC-ASSEMBLIES) as follows:
- ASSEMBLIES for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V in case of a.c. or 1 500 V in case of d.c.;
- stationary or movable ASSEMBLIES with or without enclosure;
- ASSEMBLIES intended for use in connection with the generation, transmission, distribution and conversion of electric energy, and for the control of electric energy consuming equipment;
- ASSEMBLIES designed for use under special service conditions, for example in ships and in rail vehicles provided that the other relevant specific requirements are complied with;
- ASSEMBLIES designed for electrical equipment of machines.
Supplementary requirements for ASSEMBLIES forming part of a machine are covered by the IEC 60204 series. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2009. It constitutes a technical revision. This second edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the last edition of IEC 61439-2:
- clarification of the scope;
- revision of requirements for withdrawable and removable parts;
- revision of mechanical impact test (10.2.6);
- extension of Table 101;
- review of Table BB.1 to reflect modified requirements and verifications;
- general editorial review.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 61439-1:2009